June 7th Program Preview -- Hal Lindsey's Bible Study on Revelation 17: Relationship of "Mystery Babylon" to Antichrist

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
June 7th Program Preview -- Hal Lindsey's Bible Study on Revelation 17: Relationship of "Mystery Babylon" to Antichrist

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Sun, Jun 07, 2020, 12:39 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on June 5th)

June 5th, 2020

On this week's Hal Lindsey Presents, we examine an awful thing known as "Mystery Babylon" and its relationship to the Antichrist. This is a crucial study right now because it gives us an understanding of the rapidly changing world around us and where it is soon headed. It will help you navigate the strange times in which we live.

The Bible follows threads on important truths. A concept will be introduced in embryonic form in the beginning of the Bible. It will reappear at various times in the Bible. Then it will be brought to full description as we reach the end. Babylon on the plains of Shinar is the place where organized, false religion first started.

When Revelation 17 talks about Mystery Babylon, it's talking about false religion as an organized system. It started in the days of the Tower of Babel, and from there spread around the world. Daniel and the other captives from Israel saw it in the Babylonian kingdom. It then permeated each of the great Gentile powers mentioned prophetically by Daniel.

By Revelation 17:3-6, it will reach its zenith. "And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality, and upon her forehead a name was written, a mystery, 'BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.' And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus."

In scripture, harlots represent false religion. And this one will outdo itself in evil. On this week's study, we let the Bible explain itself in revealing these mysteries.

Today on earth, the stage is being set for the appearance of Antichrist. That means we're that much closer to the point where Jesus says to His Church, "Come up here!"

Things may seem frightening, but they are following the pattern laid out in the Bible long ago. That means you don't have to be in despair. You don't have to be afraid. The world has some tough times ahead, but if you're a follower of Jesus Christ, the difficulties we now face are a mere drop in the ocean compared to the glories that wait just around the corner.

We've upgraded our video player at hallindsey.com. If you have experienced difficulty in the past, please give it another try and let me know how it goes. I hope you can join me for Hal Lindsey Presents on Daystar, Sunday at 11PM Eastern Time. Or, you can watch it online anytime at www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. If you missed any episodes, you can catch up by visiting www.hallindsey.com/videos/.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”