Hal Lindsey's Bible Study on Revelation 9 -- 11/24/19 Program Preview: The Bottomless Pit is Opened; Demons Are Released

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Hal Lindsey's Bible Study on Revelation 9 -- 11/24/19 Program Preview: The Bottomless Pit is Opened; Demons Are Released

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Fri, Nov 22, 2019, 6:15 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on November 22nd)

November 22nd, 2019

On this week's Hal Lindsey Presents, we study Revelation chapter 9. On previous programs, we looked at four of the seven trumpet judgments. The 8th chapter ended by telling us that the last three of these judgments will be called, "the three woes." This designation indicates unprecedented tragedy and suffering.

When the fifth trumpet sounds, we see the first woe. The bottomless pit opens. Out of that pit comes a huge cloud of scorpion-like beings. They spread across the world and cause relentless pain to the followers of Antichrist.

These beings have a "king" over them. The Bible calls this king, "the angel of the abyss." He's one of the highest-ranking creatures in the echelons of evil. Right now, he is locked away in the abyss. But when the 5th trumpet sounds, he will marshal his massive force in this unprecedented display of rage against humanity.

Revelation 9:11 gives a word study on his name. In Hebrew, the name is "Abaddon." And in Greek, he is called, "Apollyon." Both words have the same meaning - "ultimate destroyer." Abaddon is second in evil only to Satan himself.

In this modern age, it can be difficult for anyone to accept that demons truly exist. Yet the Bible talks about them with the same straightforward candidness that it does any other detail. Pure evil does exist. It's not something to play with, and it's not something we should ever seek.

The Book of Revelation, more than any other book, points out the demonic origin of some of humanity's most insane and destructive actions. Demons play on mankind's fallen nature. They know human weaknesses better than any psychologist. And they exploit such weaknesses whenever they are given the opportunity.

How comforting to remember 1 John 4:4. "Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world."

I want to take a moment to thank all of you for your kind words and encouragement concerning this in-depth look at the book of Revelation and remind you, God willing, it will be followed with a line by line examination of my favorite book from the Bible: John. Remember, it's only through your generous financial support these important Bible lessons can be made available to Christians and non-believers around the world.

I hope you can join me for this week's amazing study on Hal Lindsey Presents. Look for the program on Daystar, Sunday at 11PM Eastern Time. Or watch it online anytime at www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. If you missed any episodes, you can catch up by visiting www.hallindsey.com/videos/.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”