Hal Lindsey's Newsletter (12/16/20): "Christmas Power" (IStudying the gospel of John helps increase our faith)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Hal Lindsey's Newsletter (12/16/20): "Christmas Power" (IStudying the gospel of John helps increase our faith)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Thu, Dec 17, 2020, 5:11 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on December 16th)

Christmas Power
By Hal Lindsey

Feeling overwhelmed this Christmas? You’re not alone. We live in trying times. The Bible long ago warned us about difficulties that would come as we approach the end of the age. Faith allows us to face such times in the peace and power of God. We strengthen faith by reading and hearing God’s word.

Romans 10:17 says, “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”

Mark 9:23-24 tells about a man who believed but struggled. “Jesus said to him, if you can believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, ‘Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.’”

From time to time, every believer in Jesus stands before Him saying, “I believe; help my unbelief.” In Luke 17:5, “The apostles said to the Lord, ‘Increase our faith.’”

Is that your prayer? Faith is a gift from God that increases as we immerse ourselves in His word. That’s true of the whole Bible, but especially one book. On Hal Lindsey Presents we’re just beginning an in-depth study of that very book. It’s the Gospel of John — a book written for the specific purpose of instigating, building, and reinvigorating faith.

John 20:30-31 says, “Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.”

John anticipated the critics who would point out that his telling of the Gospel story didn’t follow the same pattern as the other three Gospels. In the above verses, he reminds us that no writer can tell every detail of another person’s life. Critics forget or ignore the obvious fact that writers must choose what details to include in their story, and which ones to leave out.

Under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, John gave us some parts of the Lord’s story that we do not find in the other Gospels. But everything in the book of John was placed there for the purpose of building faith in those who read the book or hear it read. “These have been written that you may believe….”

No matter how many times you’ve read it or studied it, a new look into John always renews faith. And faith is the victory! Lyricist John H. Yates wrote, “Faith is the victory… That overcomes the world.” He based the song on 1 John 5:4. “This is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”

If you want to increase your faith, go to the book of John. It begins at the beginning of creation and shows that Jesus already existed. It calls Him “the Word,” or “Logos.” John 1:3 says, “All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.”

John 1:14 expresses Christmas in terms that leave us in awe. It says, “And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory.”

The Creator of all things put on flesh and blood. He became a man and walked among humans. He died for our sins, then rose again. He promised to return! The Baby in that manger created everything that was created. That’s why we celebrate Christmas!

I hope you will join me for this series on Hal Lindsey Presents. We will take an in-depth look at John’s Gospel, and John’s Gospel will supercharge your faith like no other study.

Merry Christmas!

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”