Hal Lindsey Presents: "The Coming of the Last World Superpower" (Oct. 18th program = Alexander the Great to Antichrist)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Hal Lindsey Presents: "The Coming of the Last World Superpower" (Oct. 18th program = Alexander the Great to Antichrist)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Sat, Oct 17, 2020, 6:04 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on October 16th)

October 16th, 2020

We cover a lot of ground on this week's Hal Lindsey Presents as we continue the series, "The Coming of the Last World Superpower." This week we go from Alexander to Antichrist. The Book of Daniel gives us a powerful overview of world events that will culminate in the return of Jesus. It's quite a ride! I hope you can join me.

God used Alexander the Great to give much of the world a single language. This set the stage so that when Jesus came, the Gospel could be preached everywhere in one primary language. Daniel prophesied that Alexander's Greek Empire would be split into four kingdoms, and it was. The Greek Empire would be taken over by a fourth empire - Rome.

At the time of Alexander's death in 323 BC, Rome was a city-state with 30,000 people living in the city and another 90,000 in the immediate area. Just over 40 years later, the Romans had doubled in number.

Rome had an active, well-trained military which was forcefully bringing others into the fold. The Romans introduced new technologies and concepts into warfare. But most of all, they introduced new levels of military training and discipline. On this program, I show how this training helps prove the resurrection of Jesus.

Daniel said Rome would be unlike any of the superpowers before it. Rome would be like iron and would devastate anything that stood against it. Notably, he described it as a kingdom that would come in two phases. Rome was never really conquered from without. It just slowly disintegrated from within. It lies dormant today, waiting for its second phase to arise.

That second phase will start with ten kingdoms. Then an eleventh will arise, subduing three of the ten, and eventually taking over the whole world. This is Antichrist. Daniel gives us a tremendous amount of detail about the things he will do, and his final fate.

We'll look at all of this and more as we continue our study, "The Coming of the Last World Superpower" on this week's Hal Lindsey Presents. Look for it on Daystar, Sunday at 11PM Eastern Time. Or, you can watch it online anytime at www.hallindsey.com or [https://www.hischannel.com]. If you missed any episodes, you can catch up by visiting www.hallindsey.com/videos/.

Additionally, there are several new CD and DVD sets available in my store that would be welcome additions to your Christian library, and thoughtful gifts for seasoned and new believers in your life. Order soon to ensure delivery by Christmas: www.hallindsey.com/store/

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”