Hal Lindsey Presents: "The Coming of the Last World Superpower" (Sept. 20th program is about 4 other world superpowers)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Hal Lindsey Presents: "The Coming of the Last World Superpower" (Sept. 20th program is about 4 other world superpowers)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Sat, Sep 19, 2020, 4:38 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on September 18th)

September 18th, 2020

This week on Hal Lindsey Presents, we continue our series on "The Coming of the Last World Superpower." On this program, we look at the other great superpowers of prophetic history. Daniel 8 tells the story of four great world superpowers. The first one, Babylon, existed at the time of the prophecy. The others would follow in succession - the Medo-Persian Empire, the Greek Empire, and the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire would come in two phases.

The Jews had newly arrived in Babylonian captivity at the time of Daniel's first prophecy regarding these empires. Babylon controlled much of the world and its capital city was considered impregnable. After Daniel had been a captive almost 70 years, Belshazzar became king.

The new king knew the Medes and Persians were bearing down on Babylon, but he had great confidence in his military and especially in his nation's defense technology. Babylon's walls were 100 meters high, and at the top they were wide enough for 5 chariots to ride abreast. The Euphrates River ran through the city. To protect it from a water assault, they had great bronze gates that lowered down into the river. They thought it was unassailable.

Belshazzar held an event to celebrate the invincibility of Babylon. It was not a buttoned-up state dinner, but a drunken orgy. As the revelry reached a high point, a giant hand appeared in the room. The terrified crowd watched as it began to write on the wall - "MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN."

But no one knew how to interpret the strange words. At the queen's urging, the king called on the man who had served the great King Nebuchadnezzar in decades past - Daniel - to interpret the writing. Maybe you remember the amazing interpretation from Daniel 5:26-28. "God has numbered your kingdom and put an end to it... you have been weighed on the scales and found deficient... your kingdom has been divided and given over to the Medes and Persians."

Later that night, the impregnable city fell to the Medo-Persian Empire. Over 200 years before Alexander the Great was born, Daniel prophesied that the Greeks would take over the Medo-Persian Empire. And it happened.

You've heard of Alexander the Great, but there is more to his life than most people realize. On this program, I will tell you about his extraordinary encounter with the God of Israel.

I hope you can join me for this week's Hal Lindsey Presents. Look for it on Daystar, Sunday at 11PM Eastern Time. Or, you can watch it online anytime at www.hallindsey.com or [http://hischannel.com]. If you missed any episodes, you can catch up by visiting www.hallindsey.com/videos/.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”