Hal Lindsey's Newsletter (8/26/20): "The Astounding Partnership" (We're not invincible, so we need to work with God)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Hal Lindsey's Newsletter (8/26/20): "The Astounding Partnership" (We're not invincible, so we need to work with God)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Thu, Aug 27, 2020, 6:24 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on August 26th)

August 26th, 2020

The Astounding Partnership

By Hal Lindsey

In 1995, Timothy McVeigh put together a large mix of fertilizer, diesel fuel, and other chemicals in the back of a rented truck. He parked that truck in front of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, ignited two fuses, then got into a pre-positioned "getaway" car and left the scene. At 9:02 AM, the bomb went off, destroying the Murrah Building, damaging another 300 buildings in the vicinity, and killing 168 people including 19 children.

That act pushed the United States went into a mode of hypervigilance against domestic terrorism, often focusing on military-style militia groups.

On September 11, 2001 terrorists struck again. This time foreign terrorists hit the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, killing almost 3,000 people. The focus shifted to terror threats from abroad. And Americans came to a dramatic realization. We are not invincible. We are vulnerable. Within a short time, officials were checking our shoes at airports, and it seemed like the world had utterly changed.

And then came 2020. The first US Covid-19 death occurred on February 6th. By the end of August, that number will have risen past 180,000. Suddenly, the other challenges of the last few decades seem like small potatoes. Science and technology had become a de facto religion for many, but Covid exposed their inadequacy. The United States spends a staggering 18% of its Gross Domestic Product on health care. That's twice what most developed nations spend. But Covid hit here harder than anywhere.

I'm not saying that God sent Covid-19, but I am saying that we should view it as a warning. Our military is filled with some of the most extraordinary people our nation has to offer. But our military is not enough. Our institutions of higher learning are not enough. Our gadgets and conveniences are not enough.

We must turn again to the timeless wisdom of God's word. "Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, The watchman keeps awake in vain." (Psalms 127:1)

In 1 Samuel 14:24, King Saul made a thoughtless and rash oath. He said that no one could eat in Israel's current battle "until I have avenged myself on my enemies." The Bible says this put his soldiers in "distress." They labored without sustenance. Meanwhile, his amazing son, Jonathon had not heard his father's oath. Jonathon and his armourbearer were great heroes in the battle. Afterward, Jonathon ate some honey. When Saul learned of it, he pronounced the death sentence over his son.

Then, in verse 45 [1 Samuel 14:45], something remarkable happened. "But the people said to Saul, 'Must Jonathan die, who has brought about this great deliverance in Israel? Far from it! As the Lord lives, there shall not one hair of his head fall to the ground, for he has worked with God this day.' So the people rescued Jonathan and he did not die."

Notice their astute assessment of the king's son. "He has worked with God this day."

More than anything, America needs to work with God. We need builders who will build with God and watchmen who will watch with God. We need parents who will raise their children in partnership with God. We need everyday people across the land who will work with God this day. I'm primarily talking about followers of Christ. We who are called by His name need to "walk in a manner worthy of the calling" of God. (Ephesians 4:1)

1 Corinthians 3:9 says, "For we are God's fellow workers." We are part of an amazing partnership. We just need to remember that He is the Senior Partner! In John 15:5, Jesus said, "Apart from Me you can do nothing." Philippians 4:13 shows us the other side of the same coin. "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

PROGRAMMING NOTE: I hope you can join me every Sunday evening at 11PM EST on Daystar, or online anytime at www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com [should be http://hischannel.com] for my line by line examination of Revelation. If you missed any episodes in this study, you can catch up by visiting www.hallindsey.com/videos/.

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”