Hal Lindsey's July 5th Program Preview -- Bible Study on Revelation 17: Who is the woman called "Mystery Babylon"?

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Hal Lindsey's July 5th Program Preview -- Bible Study on Revelation 17: Who is the woman called "Mystery Babylon"?

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Fri, Jul 03, 2020, 5:57 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on July 3rd)

July 3rd, 2020

This week on Hal Lindsey Presents, we look at the two women of Revelation. We looked at the first back in Revelation 12. That woman clearly represented Israel. On this week's program, we will look at her again, this time in contrast to the other woman of Revelation. We find the other woman as we continue our study in Revelation 17.

Verse 3 of that chapter [Revelation 17:3] says, "I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication."

Verse 6 [Revelation 17:6] says, "I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus."

The woman rides a specific beast. The relationship between a rider and beast is clear. The beast bears the load and does the carrying. But the rider is in control. So, who or what is this seven-headed, ten-horned beast? Verse 10 [Revelation 17:9-10,11] tells us, "The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits, and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while. The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction."

This week we look in-depth at these amazing facts. For instance, the seven kingdoms are Assyria, Egypt, Babylon, Media-Persia, Greece, the Roman Empire phase one, and the Roman Empire phase two. When John wrote, "five have fallen," you have to remember that it was written near the height of the Roman Empire. The first five had fallen. "One is" means that he was living at the time of the sixth, and looking into the future toward the seventh - a revitalized Roman Empire.

The woman is a religious system, ruling in the background over all these Gentile powers. At the last stage she is known as Mystery Babylon.

And all that is just the beginning of this fascinating study. I hope you can join me for Hal Lindsey Presents on Daystar, Sunday at 11PM Eastern Time. Or, you can watch it online anytime at www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. If you missed any episodes, you can catch up by visiting www.hallindsey.com/videos/

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”