Hal Lindsey's Newsletter (5/28/20): "Fear, Apathy, or Love" (regarding the COVID-19 pandemic)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Hal Lindsey's Newsletter (5/28/20): "Fear, Apathy, or Love" (regarding the COVID-19 pandemic)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Thu, May 28, 2020, 4:35 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on May 28th)

May 28th, 2020

Fear, Apathy, or Love

By Hal Lindsey

In times of crisis or danger, people respond in a variety of ways. Here are three among many possible responses. Some grow fearful, some pretend the danger is not real, and some turn to God in deeper, richer ways. I hope you've been experiencing the latter.

The current worldwide pandemic has frightened some to the point of paralysis. They are afraid to leave their homes, fearful of taking a deep breath, fearful of friends and family, and fearful in general. This should not be the response of the followers of Christ.

1 John 4:18-19 says, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us."

Others cavalierly pretend there is no problem. When you point out the fulfillment of prophecies given directly by Jesus, they accuse you of trying to instill fear. But the COVID pandemic is real. It is one of the pestilences that the Lord warned us would come in the last days. I agree that some have exaggerated it, and that some have tried to exploit it for political gain. But there is no use pretending it's not real or not significant.

Those who seem best equipped for the current crisis are those who knew it was coming - those who study Bible prophecy and take it seriously. They are the ones who say, "Yes, the problem is real, but I won't be afraid. The same God who told about this pestilence in advance also tells me to trust Him when the plague comes near."

The better we know Him, the better we know His love, His care, and His power. Knowing Him means having confidence that He always tells the truth.

Look at the 23rd Psalm [Psalm 23:1-6]. The valley of the shadow of death sounds like a scary place. But not if the Lord is your shepherd - not if He's seeing you through. He restores your soul and leads you in paths of righteousness. When He stands with you, there's no reason to fear even a real evil. In John 10:14, Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd."

In the presence of enemies (including unseen viral enemies) Jesus Himself prepares a table before you. It reminds me of Jesus preparing a meal of fish for His disciples on the shore of the Sea of Galilea after His resurrection. He said them, "Come and dine." He says the same thing to us.

He anoints your head with oil. A good host in that day would provide anointing oil for His guests. Jesus gives us the oil of the Holy Spirit. Your cup overflows. Goodness and mercy will go with you - now and forever.

So, don't take a cavalier attitude toward the virus, pretending it's not real. Bluster is not the answer. On the other hand, just because a pandemic is real doesn't mean that you should cower in fear. Instead, follow the direction of Romans 8:15. "For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, 'Abba, Father.'"

PROGRAMMING NOTE: I hope you can join me every Sunday evening at 11PM EST on Daystar, or online anytime at www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com for my line by line examination of Revelation. If you missed any episodes in this study, you can catch up by visiting www.hallindsey.com/videos/.

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”