Hal Lindsey's 4/5/20 Program Preview: "Holy Week: The Remembrance of the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ"

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Hal Lindsey's 4/5/20 Program Preview: "Holy Week: The Remembrance of the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ"

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Sun, Apr 05, 2020, 1:25 am

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on April 4th)

April 4th, 2020

Holy week is coming! Sunday, A[p]ril 12th will be Resurrection Day! On this week's Hal Lindsey Presents we will take a brief detour from our study of Revelation. I think you will find it especially appropriate for the extraordinary times we're living in. The program this week is called, "Holy Week: The Remembrance of the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ."

You can search the annals of history and you will not find a more moving or important series of events than those of the original holy week some 2000 years ago. It is not a coincidence that Passover took place that same week.

In this study, I point out that God tells the people of Israel to consider the Passover a Sabbath - no matter what day of the week the Passover falls on. Everyone knows that they were to have a Sabbath one day a week, but they were also supposed to have a Sabbath one year out seven (Leviticus 25:1-7). In that year, they were supposed to let the land rest. But they never followed this law. God spoke through Jeremiah that the Babylonian captivity would last 70 years so that the land could have its Sabbaths. We see this in Jeremiah 25 and Daniel 9.

My point is that God sometimes imposes a Sabbath on us. He wants it to be a time for restoration in Him. On Passover, they were to stay inside and not work. On that first Passover, they huddled together in their houses as terrible forces wreaked havoc in the land of Egypt.

It sounds an awful lot like holy week of 2020. I pray that in these days of repeated astonishments, you will find rest and comfort, peace and joy in the Savior of the world. May you experience in Him the greatest holy week of your life!

We will be commemorating a time that I have often called, "the week that changed the world." If we allow the Holy Spirit the room to do so, this year's commemoration will be a week to change each of us - bringing us ever closer to Jesus.

Please join me for this special edition of Hal Lindsey Presents. Look for it on Daystar, Sunday at 11PM Eastern Time. Or, you can watch it online anytime at www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. If you missed any episodes, you can catch up by visiting www.hallindsey.com/videos/.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”