Hal Lindsey's Bible Study on Revelation 13 -- 2/23/20 Program Preview: Understanding Imagery in Daniel and Revelation

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Hal Lindsey's Bible Study on Revelation 13 -- 2/23/20 Program Preview: Understanding Imagery in Daniel and Revelation

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Fri, Feb 21, 2020, 9:19 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on February 21st)

February 21st, 2020

This week on Hal Lindsey Presents, our study of Revelation takes us in an unexpected direction - backward. We go back to the time of Daniel. You cannot understand Revelation until you understand Daniel.

Last week, we began looking at the Antichrist in Revelation 13. Daniel gives us powerful insight into the Antichrist, the evil he will bring to the world, and even his method of gaining power.

People often start reading the books of Daniel and Revelation, then throw their hands up in despair. They may read about various animals, their horns, and their exploits. The first time a person sees all this, it can seem like a mishmash of random imagery. They think that to figure it out would take too much time, and they still wouldn't know for sure they had it all correct.

Let me assure you, there is nothing random about the imagery of Daniel and Revelation. You just have to stay with it. Let the scripture interpret itself. On this week's program, I give a great example. When you begin reading Daniel 8, you see a ram with two horns, and later you see a goat. How are you supposed to know what all that means? Keep reading. Daniel 8 interprets itself.

One of the remarkable things about the chapter is its perfect depiction of the Medo-Persian empire, then of Greece under Alexander the Great. After that it tells precisely what happened to Greece following Alexander's death. And Daniel wrote these things 200 years before Alexander's birth!

It's amazing to look at prophecy fulfilled in the past. It's even more amazing to look at what's coming. And Daniel does that, too. You will be astonished at some of the things he laid out over 2500 years ago. It could not be more relevant today!

Please join me for this week's Hal Lindsey Presents. Look for it on Daystar, Sunday at 11PM Eastern Time. Or watch it online anytime at www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. If you missed any episodes, you can catch up by visiting www.hallindsey.com/videos/.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”