Hal Lindsey's Bible Study on Revelation 8 -- 11/17/19 Program Preview: Seventh Seal (Nuclear War, and Meteor Hits Earth)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Hal Lindsey's Bible Study on Revelation 8 -- 11/17/19 Program Preview: Seventh Seal (Nuclear War, and Meteor Hits Earth)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Fri, Nov 15, 2019, 5:30 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on November 15th)

November 15th, 2019

On this week's Hal Lindsey Presents, we take a close look at Revelation, chapter 8. And when you look at these verses - and I mean look carefully at them - you may have to pick your jaw up from the floor.

You will be struck by the level of destruction coming on the earth in the not-too-distant future. You will be astounded that a man writing almost two thousand years described things that we didn't know anything about until the last few decades. And in the midst of all this, you will be humbled by God's mercy extended even in such times.

In chapter 8, Jesus opens the seventh seal. And it triggers the Trumpet Judgments. To this point, there has been excitement and vocal praise filling heaven. But when Jesus opens this seal, there is a period of silence in heaven.

In the Trumpet Judgments we find evidence of Thermonuclear War even more intense and widespread than we saw in chapter six. We see a perfect description of what scientists now call, "nuclear winter," something that we now know will inevitably follow a massive nuclear exchange. Another result of these wars is atmospheric pollution like never seen before on the planet. This, too, is described in Revelation 8, written in the first century.

This chapter also tells about at least one earth impact by an asteroid or a meteor. Today, NASA has a system called "Sentry." It's a highly automated system that analyzes data regarding the movement of "near earth objects." It's designed to spot any object that has the potential for impacting the earth.

But the sky is a big place and the whole point of telescopes is that they look closely at very small parts of that big sky. Unless one of these large telescopes happens to be looking at the right place at the right time, a fairly sizable object can go unseen. That happened last July. A 400-foot asteroid - big enough to have destroyed a major city - whizzed past the earth at about 1/5th of the distance to the moon. One scientist said it came "out of nowhere." Another said, "It snuck up on us."

Revelation 8 describes a coming earth impact with an object big enough to devastate a large portion of the planet. We know a great deal about such things today, but we can't stop them or even slow them down.

I hope you can join me this week for Hal Lindsey Presents. I think this study will leave you in awe of God and His word.

Look for the program on Daystar, Sunday at 11PM Eastern Time. Or watch it online anytime at www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. If you missed any episodes, you can catch up by visiting www.hallindsey.com/videos/.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”