Hal Lindsey's Bible Study on Revelation 7 -- 11/3/19 Program Preview: Four powerful angels and 144,000 servants of God

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Hal Lindsey's Bible Study on Revelation 7 -- 11/3/19 Program Preview: Four powerful angels and 144,000 servants of God

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Fri, Nov 01, 2019, 8:23 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on November 1st)

November 1st, 2019

On Hal Lindsey Presents this week, we move into Revelation 7. This chapter is set up by chapter 6, but it is not a chronological chapter. It is one of the interlude chapters I spoke to you about several weeks ago. That means it is not the story of the next thing up in Revelation's timeline, but an interlude that gives us special information about important events or people.

At the end of chapter 6 after the sixth seal has been broken, people of earth cower in fear. The Bible says they know what is happening to them and why. Revelation 6:16-17 says that they cry out to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; for the great day of their wrath has come; and who is able to stand?"

That's right. They recoil in fear of the Lamb's wrath. That's an amazing paradox. John the Baptist called Jesus "the Lamb of God." Revelation again and again calls Him "the Lamb." We're right to think of Jesus as gentle and loving. He is slow to wrath, but there will come a time when He reveals His wrath on a wicked world.

And the amazing thing is that the people of the world will know it. Those who received the mark of the beast will realize exactly Who's wrath they face. But they will not repent.

In chapter seven, we learn about four angels who control the earth's atmosphere and ecology. This is not poetic language. These are real beings with power assigned to them by God. Then another angel shows up. He tells the four angels not to harm the earth or the sea or the trees until a group of 144,000 Israelis have been sealed.

It's an amazing picture that begins a teaching on one of the most widely misunderstood sections of Revelation. I'll tell how this works and the context of when it happens on this week's Hal Lindsey Presents.

Look for it on Daystar, Sunday at 11PM Eastern Time. Or watch the program online anytime at www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. If you missed any episodes in this study, you can catch up by visiting www.hallindsey.com/videos/.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”