Program Preview: Hal Lindsey's Bible Study on the Book of Revelation, Chapter 3 - Laodicean Church (July 26, 2019)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Program Preview: Hal Lindsey's Bible Study on the Book of Revelation, Chapter 3 - Laodicean Church (July 26, 2019)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Fri, Jul 26, 2019, 6:28 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on July 26th)

July 26th, 2019

This week on Hal Lindsey Presents, we conclude our study of the Laodicean Church in Revelation 3. Because that church presents Christ's view of our own era of Church history, it is an essential study for every believer in our time.

The Lord told the church at Laodicea that it was spiritually blind. Much of the church in our era suffers from the same malady. Most so-called Christian churches today have rejected many of the most basic messages of God's word. There are churches - probably not far from you - where the phrase, "blood of Christ" is only spoken in ceremonies. In many such churches, those words have not been expressed in an actual sermon for years.

Jesus called the Laodiceans "naked." That's because self-righteousness does not clothe a person before God. His perfect justice requires a level of righteousness that only exists in Himself. But, thankfully, He offers to impute that righteousness to each of us as a gift. 2 Corinthians 5:21 says that God "made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

He wants to clothe us in Christ's righteousness.

In Revelation 2:9, Jesus told the church at Smyrna, "I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich)." Consider the contrast between that and what He said to the Laodiceans in Revelation 3:17. "You say, 'I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,' and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked."

Then the Lord did something different. In His other messages to the churches, he spoke to them only as corporate bodies. But here He spoke to individuals within the church. What he told them applies directly to us. It is of crucial importance. You won't want to miss it.

And finally on this week's program I will look at the famous passage in Revelation 3:20. In it, Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with Me."

I hear a lot of preachers talk about this verse. Many say that it doesn't mean what it seems to. On this week's Hal Lindsey Presents, I take you through that verse step by step. You will see how one of the most beautiful passages in the Bible applies to you, your family, your friends, and everyone you encounter.

Please join me this Sunday at 11PM Eastern Time on Daystar, or online anytime at www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. If you missed any episodes in this study, you can catch up by visiting www.hallindsey.com/videos/.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”