Newsletter: Nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, Voting in and Praying for America (October 5, 2018)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Newsletter: Nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, Voting in and Praying for America (October 5, 2018)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Mon, Oct 08, 2018, 11:15 am

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on October 5th)

October 5th, 2018

It is almost impossible to overstate the importance of the crossroads at which we stand today in America.

The unexpected election of Donald Trump forced into open view the truth about the "fundamental change" that has occurred in our nation during the last few years. It revealed unacknowledged corruption in our government's institutions that has shaken the confidence of many Americans.

In the same way, the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court has exposed the extreme threat the Left poses to the core values of our republic.

None of us doubted that the Left would fight tooth and nail to defeat anyone who might pose a perceived threat to our national orgy: the unrestrained practice of killing our unborn -- or almost born -- at whim. Most Americans, even if not practicing Judeo-Christians, still have within themselves an uncomfortable sense that something is not right about this national disgrace. After all, the "lawful" murder of 152 absolutely innocent persons per hour per day per week per month per year cannot be swept under the cosmic rug forever.

Deep within most Americans, the disconcerting thought lurks that, at some point, God Himself is going to say, "Enough is enough!"

But I think few of us realized exactly how much the Left is willing to sacrifice to preserve that national sin.

Everything.

One of the defining principles of our nation -- one that is almost innate within the psyche of Americans -- is the idea that each of us is "innocent until proven guilty" of any accusation. We all grew up knowing that, when the stakes were high, at least we had the protection of that fundamental assumption.

We knew that in matters great or small, the onus of proof was on the accuser. (Unless the accuser was Mom. She didn't actually need proof, she somehow just knew.)

In fact, it has been a main pillar of jurisprudence in America for centuries, and millennia in previous societies.

Yet the main bludgeon in the final battle against Kavanaugh's nomination has been an attempt to pervert that principle. The Left is so desperate to win that it has chosen to sacrifice that hallowed right on the altar of expediency.

The Democratic Party, the mainstream media, academia, entertainment, and a disappointing number of "establishment" organizations (even churches) apparently all agree that "guilt by accusation" is the new, acceptable standard. And that the concept of a "statute of limitations" is unnecessary.

I don't need to tell you how explosively dangerous both of those ideas are. Normal Americans understand the frightening possibilities this quicksand represents. Those on the Left know, too, that's why their reckless willingness to discard them is so disturbing.

"Guilt by accusation alone" was the foundation on which The Inquisition, the Salem witch trials, and the Reign of Terror were perpetrated. (Also, the practice that the accused defend himself before he heard the accusation. The Senate Judiciary Committee's minority members -- the Democrats -- insisted that Judge Kavanaugh testify in his defense before Dr. Ford presented her accusations. The Committee Chairman refused.)

As I write this, I feel vaguely like we are Christian in the Slough of Despond (The Pilgrim's Progress). It is, indeed, a dangerous place that can claim our lives if someone does not happen by to help us reach the other side.

In this case, I believe that "someone" is God and He has already happened by to help us. He has helped us by providing a spotlight to expose the dangerous bog into which our nation has wandered. And the helpful hand that is extended to us is the recognition that we, as citizens, have the power to pull ourselves out of this immediate threat before it is too late.

We have the means to reject the wiles and ploys of those who are willing to subvert our rights and liberties to hold on to the power to which they feel entitled.

That means is the ballot box. Our power is the vote.

We are just over a month from the mid-term general elections. As I always do, I encourage you to study the platforms and policies of the candidates in your state and your district. Compare them to the principles taught in the Bible.

Then vote the Bible. And vote your conscience.

Once again, I cannot overstate the importance of this moment in our history. If we are to continue to realize God's blessings on our nation, we must get serious about rejecting the slide into nihilism. We must get serious about restoring to preeminence the moral foundations on which our nation was built.

We must get serious about seeking God's forgiveness for our national failures and working to restore our national values.

Our second President, John Adams once observed, "Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made wholly for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

America was not designed to operate in the chaos of backstabbing, greed, and rage. But since our nation has been systematically eliminating God from our institutions and culture, we no longer have the moral compass to sustain the greatness that our heritage allowed us to achieve.

Pray for America. We are at a moment of great crisis.

And greater danger.

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, various local stations, www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. Please check your local listings.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”