Newsletter: Recent Attack on an Egyptian Mosque, Iran-Russia-Turkey in Prophecy, Cults in America (December 1, 2017)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Newsletter: Recent Attack on an Egyptian Mosque, Iran-Russia-Turkey in Prophecy, Cults in America (December 1, 2017)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Mon, Dec 04, 2017, 12:27 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on December 1st)

December 1st, 2017

In the United States, Thanksgiving had just ended and Black Friday had begun. It was a little after noon in Egypt -- the troubled area of the northern Sinai.

As many as 30 men wearing masks and military-style uniforms rolled up to a mosque in SUVs displaying ISIS flags. They jumped out and surrounded the building.

Hell broke loose.

They set off two bombs, fired rocket-propelled grenades into the building, and sprayed automatic weapons fire into and outside the mosque.

Some of them torched surrounding vehicles to cut off escape routes. As people tried to escape through doors and windows, they were gunned down.

When ambulances began to arrive, the jihadists attacked them, too.

When it was finally over, more than 300 Muslim worshipers lay dead. More than 100 were injured. Of the dead, at least 27 were children.

In just a few minutes, it became the deadliest terror attack in Egypt's already-bloody history.

And it wasn't Muslim jihadists attacking infidels, but Muslim jihadists attacking other Muslims.

More specifically, Sufi Muslims. But then ISIS sees Sufis as heretics so, apparently, they deserve to die since they're a threat to true Islam!

The northern Sinai is a harsh, brutal desert. It borders the Suez Canal to the west and the Gaza Strip to the east. The region's remote areas have become terrorist hideaways and training grounds.

Previously, the jihadists of the Sinai (including ISIS) had been focusing their attacks on Egyptian troops, police, and local Christian churches. In 2015, they blew a Russian airliner out of the sky.

But does this attack on a mosque leave any doubt that Islamic jihadists are irretrievably bent on destroying anyone or anything of which they disapprove?

And if they are brutal with their own, can we doubt they will enter and destroy "the Great Satan" -- America -- at any opportunity they have?

Ezekiel 38 prophesies about one of the most important end-times events: a confederacy of nations attacking Israel during the Tribulation.

The prophecy was written more than 2,500 years ago. That means the names of the nations have changed, but they are still identifiable.

One of the nations named in the prophecy is Persia. Of course, Persia is modern day Iran. In fact, it is still correct to call Iran by its ancient name. "Iran" only came into common use in 1935.

In the past, I have given you many reasons why I believe that one of the other countries named in the prophecy -- Magog -- is modern-day Russia.

Though there will be other nations in the confederacy, there is one more that is prominent today. Scripture names four groups -- Meshech, Tubal, Gomer, and Beth Togarmah -- which now are part of modern-day Turkey.

Just last week, Russian President Vladimir Putin hosted a summit with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Even Syrian President Bashar al-Assad attended.

The four of them were declaring victory in Syria. That's odd, since up until now President Erdogan of Turkey has been a sworn enemy of the Assad regime. In fact, Turkey has been assisting the opposition in fighting Assad.

But that has apparently changed under the increasingly dictatorial Erdogan. He envisions a revival of the theocratic Ottoman Empire in formerly-secular Turkey.

Turkey is still a member of NATO, but its loyalties have clearly shifted away from the U.S. and the west, and to Russia. In fact, Russia is equipping Turkey with its formidable S-400 anti-aircraft system.

What with the recent return of Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri -- who mysteriously fled to Saudi Arabia and announced his resignation as PM, then just as mysteriously renounced his resignation and returned to Lebanon -- strange things are happening fast and furiously in the Middle East.

What's next? No one knows for certain, but we know for sure that the attention and fury of the world will remain focused on Israel and that region until Jesus returns. And it's not going to get better!

In the early 1970s, I wrote a book called "Satan is Alive and Well on Planet Earth." At that time, cults were the fad of the hour.

A generation of Americans had begun to search for deeper meaning in their lives. Most of them wanted to have that meaning without the restrictions they associated with the Bible.

Over the years, several notable, cult-related, horrific tragedies such as the Tate-LaBianca murders, Jonestown, Waco, and Heaven's Gate, caused many of the cults and their leaders to camouflage their activities and pursue more subtle methods.

With the recent death of Charles Manson, I decided to run a quick check on the state of cults in America. Guess what. They are still here and some are operating on massive scales and with depressing results.

Some of them are pulling in celebrities and well-known leaders of government and business. And, no, I'm not talking about the Church of Scientology.

On this week's program, I am going to examine in more detail recent revelations about a self-improvement movement called Nxivm. (Pronounced "Nexium.")

Though thousands have utilized Nxivm's "Executive Success Programs," I'm sure most of them are not aware that Nxivm has a darker, more brutal and disturbing side. Cults always do.

It was only Satan's kind of thinking that could have prompted 900 adults to kill their children, then kill themselves, in the jungles of Guyana in 1978. And it's only Satan's kind of thinking that could prompt beautiful young women to allow themselves to be physically branded -- with white-hot branding irons and burning flesh -- to show their loyalty to Nxivm's leader.

But it happened and is still happening.

Indeed, Satan IS alive and well on Planet Earth!

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, various local stations, www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. Check your local listings.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”