Newsletter: Israel and Iran, Birthday Cake for Satan(?), Reformation Day, and Hal Lindsey's Testimony (October 27, 2017)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Newsletter: Israel and Iran, Birthday Cake for Satan(?), Reformation Day, and Hal Lindsey's Testimony (October 27, 2017)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Mon, Oct 30, 2017, 11:32 am

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on October 27th)

October 27, 2017

According to www.worldatlas.com: "As a generally accepted explanation, the suffix 'stan' is an ancient Persian and/or Farsi word meaning country, nation, land, or place of, so, the country name of Afghanistan would then mean 'homeland' of the Afghans, or 'place' of the Afghans."

Theatlantic.com says, "There are seven countries in Central Asia with the suffix '-stan': Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. The suffix comes from the Persian root 'istan,' or 'land'-hence the 'land of the Uzbeks,' 'land of the Kazakhs,' and so forth."

It's ironic that the names of these countries derives from an ancient Persian word. Of course, ancient Persia is now modern Iran.

That makes the irony all the richer when I tell you that the Israelis have a new, sarcastic name for the parts of Israel under the control of the Palestinian Authority (PA). It's "Hamastan." Meaning, I suppose, "the land of Hamas." "The place of Hamas."

What makes the irony complete is that Hamas -- the internationally recognized terrorist organization -- is now nothing more than a proxy of Iran.

Why, then, is the area under PA control derisively called "Hamastan?" Because Fatah (PA) and Hamas recently formed a "unity government." Again.

And since Hamas is much more popular than Fatah among the Palestinians, it's assumed by Israelis that, before long, Hamas will supplant Fatah (the current rulers of The Palestinian Authority) as the "government" of the so-called "West Bank." Of course, Hamas already controls Gaza. If you recall, shortly after Israel completely -- and forcibly -- withdrew from the Gaza Strip in 2005, the Gazan Palestinians kicked out Fatah and elected Hamas to rule them.

That's why it's important that when Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu visited Israeli settlers in the Jordan Valley last week, he made this statement: "If we (Israelis) are not here, Iran and 'Hamastan' will be here. We will not let this happen."

Roughly, the Jordan Valley is the valley that extends from the Sea of Galilee down to the Dead Sea. It follows the Jordan river, which is the boundary between Israel and the nation of Jordan in that part of the country.

That's why it is so critical that Israel maintain a strong presence there. Netanyahu said, "The Middle East is fickle and violent. The Jordan Valley is a strategic defense belt for the state. Without it a flood of fundamentalism could enter the country and reach as far as the Dan region. That's why our eastern line of defense begins in this place."

Note that the Prime Minister warned specifically that if Israel is not present in the Jordan Valley, then Iran will be. Not just Hamas -- which is plenty bad -- but Iran, which is even worse.

Iran is present in Gaza by virtue of its influence (or control) over Hamas. Gaza is on Israel's south-western border.

It has a strong presence in Syria, which is on Israel's northeastern border. The western part of Israel's northern border is Lebanon, which is controlled by another Iranian proxy, Hezbollah.

If Iran is able to establish a presence in the Jordan Valley (Israel's eastern border) by virtue of its influence over the new soon-to-be-controlled-by-Hamas unity government, then Israel will be virtually surrounded by hostile forces.

On Israel's southern border lies the Sinai peninsula. Though the Sinai is formally Egypt's, practically, it is controlled by ISIS.

That's why Mr. Netanyahu warned, "If we are not here, Iran and 'Hamastan' will be here."

Then promised, "We will not let this happen."

In view of Ezekiel 38's prediction that Russia and Iran will someday mount an attack on Israel, it's eye-opening to realize that -- today -- Iran is on the verge of having Israel surrounded!

Speaking of "surrounded," it seems Jack Phillips just can't catch a break!

Jack Phillips is the Christian baker who has been ordered by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission to bake wedding cakes for same-sex couples -- even though to do so would violate his personal religious convictions. Jack Phillips supports traditional, Biblical marriage.

His appeal is soon to be heard by the Supreme Court.

In the meantime, Mr. Phillips has received a request to bake yet another cake that violates his personal religious convictions. And the customer preemptively noted that since the proposed cake's theme has religious implications, and "religion is a protected class," he is hoping that Mr. Phillips "will gladly bake this cake."

The purpose of the requested cake? "...to celebrate the birthday of Lucifer."

Yep. A birthday cake for Satan.

I'm not making this up!

If the Supreme Court upholds the decision of the Colorado Civil Rights Commission, then it means that the government can legally coerce artistic expression. Or speech.

Can you imagine that just because Steven Spielberg has received pay for directing movies in the past, he could be forced by the government to direct any movie brought to him by a 'customer,' even if it violates his personal beliefs?

I doubt that will ever happen, but it's the same principle. What's the legal difference between a movie and a beautifully decorated wedding cake? They are both expressions of the artist's abilities and imagination.

Folks, "political correctness" has brought us to the brink of another Inquisition!

By the way, next Tuesday, October 31, is Halloween. But it's also the anniversary of something far more important, far more life-changing, and far more history-shaking. It's "Reformation Day!"

October 31, 2017, is the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther nailing his 95 theses to the door of All Saints' Church in Wittenberg, Germany.

We all change the world a little every day. But that man, on that day, changed history in unimaginable ways. And we all owe him a debt of gratitude.

Even Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, who later became Pope Benedict XVI, joined the chorus.

On October 31, 1999, Cardinal Ratzinger led the Catholic church to join Lutheran leaders in signing The Augsburg Accord. It declared, "Together we confess: By grace alone, in faith in Christ's saving work and not because of any merit on our part, we are accepted by God and receive the Holy Spirit, who renews our hearts while equipping and calling us to good works."

Despite our theological differences, all true Christians can agree on this: "By grace alone, in faith in Christ's saving work and not because of any merit on our part, we are accepted by God...."

God bless you, Martin Luther!

Finally, speaking of God's grace and "faith in Christ's saving work and not because of any merit on our part....", this week I want to share with you the story of my personal conversion.

Many of you have heard it before -- how I came to learn about Christ's love while reading my childhood Gideon's New Testament on a tugboat on the Mississippi River. But in case you haven't, or in case you have a loved one that you think may never find Jesus, I think my personal experience may give you encouragement for your life or hope for someone else's.

Tune in this week and celebrate with me.

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, various local stations, http://www.hallindsey.com or http://www.hischannel.com. Check your local listings.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”