Newsletter: "Yesterday's prophecies, today's headlines!"; Iran Nuclear Deal; Church is Built on Jesus (October 20, 2017)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Newsletter: "Yesterday's prophecies, today's headlines!"; Iran Nuclear Deal; Church is Built on Jesus (October 20, 2017)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Mon, Oct 23, 2017, 10:57 am

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on October 20th)

October 20, 2017

For sixty years, I've been teaching about things we now see every day.

I'm not special. The Bible is my insight and revelation. As I study, I ask the Holy Spirit to illuminate His word. You can do the same thing.

When I began teaching about Bible prophecy, news stories coinciding with and confirming prophecy came along every few months. Eventually, that became every few weeks. Then every few days.

In the last few months, it has been relentless. Newscasts have become apocalyptic.

When I work on this television program, the hard part isn't finding things to talk about. It's deciding what to leave out!

The last week's news headlines alone read like the Bible prophets. That's why the introduction to my program says, "Yesterday's prophecies, today's headlines!"

Wars and rumors of war:

Recently, Secretary of Defense James Mattis issued a warning to the U.S. Army. The Army Times headline reads: "Mattis to Army: 'Stand ready' if North Korea diplomacy fails."

The University of Hawaii issued an email detailing what actions to take "in event of nuclear attack."

In Somalia, truck bombs killed more than 270 people and injured more than 300.

On October 4, four U.S. soldiers were ambushed and killed in Niger.

Weekly, North Korea issues a new threat of nuclear war. But daily, its army of 6,000 cyber hackers tries to steal secrets and money and wreak havoc among the free nations.

Russia engages in cyberwar, too. The Department of Homeland Security alleges that in 2016, Russia tried to hack in to the election systems of 21 states. Evidence shows that the Russians have made similar efforts in several western nations.

Famines:

Recently, the United Nations News Centre reported that "Twenty million people risk dying of hunger in South Sudan, Somalia, Yemen, and the north-east of Nigeria." The World Food Program called the present food crisis "...unprecedented...."

Pestilences:

Smack in the middle of the deadliest and costliest wildfires in its history, the state of California had to declare a state of emergency because of an outbreak of Hepatitis A!

Earthquakes:

Last week, USA Today reported: "Scientists working in and around Yellowstone National Park say that the supervolcano sitting under the tourist attraction may blow sooner than thought, an eruption that could wipe out life on the planet." "...wipe out life on the planet!" That's not some TV evangelist or conspiracy nut saying that. Those are scientists supposedly reputable enough to be quoted in a major international newspaper!

Now, the Bible does not say a volcanic eruption will wipe out life on earth. But, it speaks of several major earthquakes occurring during the coming Tribulation, including one that will be greater than any in the history of mankind.

Revelation 16:18 says, "There was a great earthquake, such as there had not been since man came to be upon the earth...."

Could it be Yellowstone?

A great "falling away":

Today, it seems like whole denominations are falling away from the true Gospel. Almost regularly, we read about major church organizations who officially adopt spiritual positions that are diametrically opposed to the teachings of God's Word. And many churches who still preach the true Gospel are losing members who are offended by the pastor's Bible-based preaching against practices like same-sex marriage and abortion.

I could go on and on, but you get the picture. We are on the precipice of a new era. The Age of Grace is rapidly nearing its end.

That means the Rapture of the Church is very, very close.

Get ready!

Last week, President Donald Trump infuriated the Left and irritated some of our western allies.

What did he do that was so terrible? He told the truth.

He announced to the world that Iran is not adhering to its part of the bargain in the so-called "Iran nuclear deal." So he said that he will no longer "certify" to the U.S. Congress that Iran is complying with the deal.

He's only saying something the West has known since the day the agreement was signed.

Now, no matter what you hear from Iran or their friends in the mainstream media, the President is not pulling the U.S. out of the deal just yet. And he's not breaking it by re-imposing economic sanctions against Iran. Instead, he's doing something the Left thinks is much worse. He's putting the issue squarely in the lap of the U.S. Congress. And they don't want it because it means they'll have to make a decision and shoulder part of the blame if it doesn't work.

But to hear the Left squawk, you'd think President Trump has declared World War III or thrown the world back into the 19th century!

Far be it from anyone in the media or left of center to learn a lesson from North Korea. Weak U.S. and U.N. policies allowed North Korea to build nuclear weapons -- along with the missiles to deliver them. Now, North Korea is using that arsenal to blackmail the whole world.

But even if Iran follows the rules of the nuclear agreement (which President Trump says is maybe the worst deal America has ever made with anyone!), it will soon be able to create its own nuclear arsenal anyway.

To be accurate, when the P5+1 nations made their "deal" with Iran, they changed the balance of power in the Middle East. They set up Iran as the most powerful Muslim nation in the region. They traded long-term peace and security for short-term political gain. They turned a poor country led by radical Islamic terrorists into a rich country led by radical Islamic terrorists. And Iran's leaders are as radical as ISIS.

On top of all of that, Iran remains a steadfast trading partner of North Korea. And that's a problem.

Those two rogue regimes work hand in hand. The North Koreans have nuclear and missile technology, but no money. Iran wants nuclear and missile technology, and because of President Obama's "deal" with Iran, they are now loaded with money.

That's a marriage made in Hell.

This is important because Ezekiel 38 tells us that in the last days, Russia and Persia (modern Iran) will lead a confederacy of nations in a battle against Israel. If this deal is allowed to stand, it means that the Iran that attacks Israel will be a nuclear-armed Iran.

Finally, this week I will discuss a private revelation -- which was also a prophecy -- that Jesus made to His disciples.

In Matthew 16:18, Jesus said, "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hell shall not overpower it."

The word translated "church" is "ekklesia." Until this moment, that word had never been used in this special sense. The occasion was Peter's public confession of Jesus as "the Messiah, the Son of the Living God." [Matthew 16:16 NLT]

Peter was the first of the disciples to make this confession.

In the original Greek, it is clear that the foundation of the church is not Peter himself. The word "Peter" or "Petros" is masculine. it does not agree with the word "rock" or "petra" which is neutral gender. The foundation Jesus spoke of was Peter's confession of faith in Jesus, "the Messiah, the Son of the Living God." That is what brings a person into the one true Church -- the body of Christ.

It was also a prophecy. Jesus said, "...I will build My church...." He could not build it at that time because Israel had not made its final rejection of Him as Messiah and the Holy Spirit had not arrived to effect the marvelous union of the believer and Christ. That was all still to come.

But it happened soon afterward. And now Jesus Christ Himself takes up permanent residence inside each believer when we make our personal confession of Jesus as "the Messiah, the Son of the Living God" and accept the free gift of pardon from our sins that He purchased with His sacrifice on Calvary.

Here's how Jesus Himself described that union: "In that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you." [John 14:20 NASB]

Christ in you, the hope of glory! [Colossians 1:27]

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, various local stations, http://www.hallindsey.com or http://www.hischannel.com. Check your local listings.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”