Newsletter: Natural Disasters, Continuation of “Law and Grace” Discussion, and More (September 8, 2017)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Newsletter: Natural Disasters, Continuation of “Law and Grace” Discussion, and More (September 8, 2017)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Mon, Sep 11, 2017, 12:10 pm

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on September 8th)

September 8th, 2017

Hurricane Irma is now bearing down on Florida. It is so powerful, the weather community doesn't even have an accurate classification for it. There's no such thing as a Category 6 hurricane, so they're calling it a "Catastrophic 5!"

Last night, a magnitude 8 earthquake rocked the southern coast of Mexico. It was felt in Cancun, 1,700 miles away.

Two weeks ago, Hurricane Harvey battered Southeast Texas. In its aftermath, an unimaginable flood fell on the U.S. Gulf coast. Experts are calling it a "thousand-year flood!"

Cedar Bayou, Texas, received the highest rainfall total ever recorded in the continental United States: almost 52 inches.

The Neches River in Beaumont, Texas, broke its previous high-crest record by 8 feet! Not 8 inches, but 8 feet!

And this has all happened in just the Western Hemisphere -- in just two weeks!

In Romans 8:22, the Apostle Paul described the earth in these days: "The whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth until now."

The earth is in travail.

Isaiah describes a time when, "The earth reels to and fro like a drunkard." (Isaiah 24:20 NASB)

This gives a sense of planetary distress. But it also describes what it's like during a monster earthquake.

The citizens of Mexico felt that last night. But Americans may feel it in the future.

As I reported in July, Yellowstone National Park has been suffering an "earthquake swarm." In June, Yellowstone experienced 878 small quakes in one month. It has continued and last week Newsweek reported that the swarm "is now one of the biggest ever recorded, with over 2,300 tremors since it began in June."

What makes this worrying is the fact that Yellowstone National Park sits atop a "supervolcano." That means it's thousands of time more powerful than a regular volcano.

Scientists say the magma (molten rock that we call 'lava' once it reaches the earth's surface) chamber below Yellowstone is mind-boggling. They estimate that it is 37 miles long, 18 miles wide, and 3 to 7 miles deep.

NASA is so concerned that it has proposed drilling into the chamber to relieve some of the pressure. But critics fear that it could touch off an eruption.

Yahoo News reported that if Yellowstone erupts, it is "capable of burying states like Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Colorado in three feet of harmful volcanic ash...."

That could paralyze the nation.

I've often said that America does not appear to be a major factor in the end-times scenario. Something must occur to remove the U.S. from its superpower status. Is it possible that it could be a massive, staggering earthquake that cripples America?

But Jesus said that in these days, earthquakes would also happen in "various places." (Matthew 24:7 NASB)

A few days ago, a large earthquake hit North Korea. But the magnitude 6.3 temblor was not a natural occurrence. It was man-made.

We now know that North Korea apparently tested what it claims to be a hydrogen bomb.

Though the rest of the world has not officially confirmed that to be true, it is generally accepted as fact. This earthquake was ten times larger than the one that occurred when they conducted their largest previous atomic test -- just one year ago.

Less than one week before the alleged H-bomb test, North Korea launched a missile that passed over Japan and fell into the Pacific Ocean. The Associated Press reports that it rattled the Japanese so much that their leaders are now publicly discussing the feasibility of building and buying cruise missiles so that Japan can achieve "a limited pre-emptive strike capability...." AP goes on to note that this idea "was anathema in the pacifist country before the North Korea missile threat."

Russian President Vladimir Putin recently warned that North Korea and the United States are "on the brink of a large-scale conflict." The Chinese Foreign Minister said that war could break out "at any moment."

A high-ranking German official cautioned that a U.S.-North Korean war could result in more casualties than all of World War II.

How's that for a "rumor of war?" (Matthew 24:6)

[Note: I had to leave out a section of this newsletter because its subject matter was preventing me from being able to post anything to my forum. I’m really sorry.]

Finally, this week I will continue my study of "Law and Grace." As the end-times draw nearer, it's more important than ever that we live our lives in the freedom that Jesus purchased for us with His death on the cross.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that your salvation depends on your own efforts. It's a burden you can't possibly bear.

Galatians 3:3 asks, "Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now perfected by the flesh?" A flesh-centered approach to holiness dooms us to frustration.

Don't trust the determination of your weak flesh over the mighty power of God. Commit your ways to Him and rest in His promises and His power to keep those promises.

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, various local stations, http://www.hallindsey.com or http://www.hischannel.com. Check your local listings.

Please continue to pray for the victims of Hurricane Harvey and pray for God's protection and mercy on those who are in the path of Hurricane Irma. And remember those who are suffering because of yesterday's earthquake in Mexico.

Only God can bring peace to those in such distress.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”