Newsletter: Sir Isaac Newton; Status of Predictions Made in Hal's Book, "The Late Great Planet Earth" (April 7, 2017)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Newsletter: Sir Isaac Newton; Status of Predictions Made in Hal's Book, "The Late Great Planet Earth" (April 7, 2017)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Mon, Apr 10, 2017, 10:15 am

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on April 7th)

April 7th, 2017

Sir Isaac Newton was no dummy.

His famous monograph, "Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica," was published in 1687. It is credited with laying the groundwork for classical mechanics. In the three volume set, he also developed Newton's laws of motion and stated Newton's laws of gravitation. Besides inventing the first practical reflecting telescope, he advanced other theories that became foundational to modern physics, calculus, and science in general -- most of which I can't even begin to understand, much less communicate.

Briefly referred to as "Principia," Newton's signature treatise is rightly considered one of the most important works in the history of science.

He is acknowledged as one of the most brilliant men of all time. Yet most people don't know that Sir Isaac Newton was highly religious and a bit of a theologian. He actually wrote more on Bible hermeneutics than on science and mathematics. That's why something he wrote more than 300 years ago is especially important today.

Sir Isaac observed: "About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the Prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamor and opposition."

Sure enough, in the last century or so, there has arisen a group of scholars, theologians, and teachers who have done exactly what Newton predicted -- insist upon the literal interpretation of the Bible's prophecies amid "much clamor and opposition."

We owe a debt of gratitude to men such as Anderson, Chafer, Pentecost, Walvoord, and others who withstood the criticism and, sometimes, condemnation of their peers to bring the Bible's predictions of these last days to the attention of the Church.

Even so, in 1969, when I wrote "The Late Great Planet Earth," there wasn't much general interest in Bible prophecy. With that book, I hoped to attract non-Christians to the claims of Christ and help believers understand the wonder of Bible prophecy.

This week, I'm going to take a look at how some of the predictions I made in that book are shaping up 48 years later. And "shaping up" they are. From the decline of the US dollar to the global war on drugs to the efforts to convert to a global electronic currency to the beginnings of world food shortages. Things are falling into place in the end-times scenario faster than schoolchildren into a lunch line.

All of which means -- as I say week after week -- that it's time to get ready for Christ's soon, sudden return for the believers. Though things are looking bleak on the financial and political horizons, just lift your eyes a little higher and soon we'll see Jesus coming back for us in the clouds of glory. So don't despair -- prepare!

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, The Word Network, various local stations, http://www.hallindsey.com or http://www.hischannel.com. Check your local listings.

A NOTE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WATCH "THE HAL LINDSEY REPORT" ON TBN: Remember, the Report is now seen 30 minutes later, beginning at 6:00 pm Pacific/9:00 pm Eastern each Friday.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey
-----------------------------------------------------------
mail: HLMM, P.O. Box 470470, Tulsa, OK 74147
email: comments@hallindsey.com
web: http://www.hallindsey.com

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”