Newsletter: "A More Sure Word" -- Discussion of Biblical Prophecy (August 10, 2018)

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (copied from e-mails that I receive each week)
Linda O'Donnell
Newsletter: "A More Sure Word" -- Discussion of Biblical Prophecy (August 10, 2018)

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Mon, Aug 13, 2018, 11:17 am

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries (This was copied from an email that I received on August 10th)

August 10th, 2018

It is impossible to watch the news and even "entertainment," or read the newspapers and magazines without thinking: 'What on earth is going on here?"

Anger, hatred, lies, lunacy, sick humor, lewdness, evil, absurdity beyond description. I sometimes wonder if this is how it would have been if the citizens of Sodom and Gomorrah had had the social media that we have today.

Evil comes at us nonstop and multiplies exponentially in the time it takes to hit, "Like," "Send," or "Retweet!"

Disturbingly, many Christians are daily becoming more and more confused about what's important, or even what's true. At the same time, more unbelievers than ever are uneasy about what they see happening in the world. They know that things aren't right and they're feeling a sense of impending doom.

So where do they turn?

The only sure place to find answers is the Bible. In fact, the Apostle Peter said that the truth we get from the Bible is more certain than the testimony of an eyewitness.

The world is fascinated by the "prophecies" of modern "prophets" like Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, or Joseph Smith. But their predictions have invariably proven to be vague, at best, and completely erroneous at worst. And they are always "discovered" after the fact. Unlike the prophecies of the ancient Bible prophets who named names and dates centuries in advance and have never been wrong.

As the world hurtles toward the end of this Age, we have the plan already laid out for us. And it's written -- straight from God Himself -- with unmistakable clarity and detail. As Peter described it, "...we have the prophetic word made more sure (than the testimony of an eyewitness) to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place...." (2 Peter 1:19, NASB)

Bible prophecy is built on the certainty of God's foreknowledge of what evil men will choose in the circumstances and events He places before them. This is why only God's prophecies given through His chosen prophets are 100% accurate.

So don't despair about events you see unfolding around you. It's going to get rough, but our Father has provided ample warning for us through His prophets and His Word. He's also given us "instructions" on how to prepare ourselves for these days.

More importantly, He's given us this promise: "Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:20, NKJV [wrong reference; should be Isaiah 41:10, NKJV]) No matter what happens in our near future, we can count on every word of that promise.

And this one: "I will never leave you, nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5, NKJV)

This week, I'm going to discuss with you, "A More Sure Word."

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, various local stations, http://www.hallindsey.com or http://www.hischannel.com. Check your local listings.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Return to “Prophecy Newsletter: "The Hal Lindsey Report"”