"Can a Christian lose salvation?"

Answers to questions about salvation (how to be sure you'll go to heaven when you die)
Linda O'Donnell
"Can a Christian lose salvation?"

Post by Linda O'Donnell » Thu, Mar 26, 2015, 3:44 am

Link: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-l ... ation.html

Note: This was originally posted in the "mybb" forum and had 169 views.
Last edited by Linda O'Donnell on Thu, May 07, 2015, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hagios1

Re: "Can a Christian lose salvation?"

Post by Hagios1 » Wed, Apr 08, 2015, 5:59 pm

Good article. I agree and I also believe that salvation is permanent. There are those who think that after being saved, they have to do something to keep themselves saved. The bible does not teach that. Those who believe in the conditional security of the believer feel as though they have to do their part to remain saved. If that is the case, then their salvation becomes a works based salvation because it is now “me” doing my part in my own human efforts in order to remain saved.

The bible teaches that the believer is secure in Christ Jesus until the day of redemption. Salvation is a work of God, not man. Man plays no part in salvation other than receiving Christ. It is God who saves and it is God who keeps a person saved. A person cannot save themselves and a person cannot keep themselves saved, no matter how hard they try in their own human efforts.

Also, a person who believes that salvation can be lost cannot currently say that they have eternal life, and they cannot currently say that they will one day be with the Lord because they have no way of knowing. If a person thinks they can lose salvation, how can they even know they have salvation now? What joy can a believer have if they cannot know for certainty that they will one day be with their Lord and Savior?

Return to “Questions about Salvation (Answered by GotQuestions.org)”